DEdPsych, CPsychol, MSc, Dip Psych (Open), PGCE, Dip SpLD, MA (Hons)
I qualified as an educational psychologist in 2003 and achieved chartered status with the British Psychological Society in 2005. I worked as a local authority psychologist from 2004 until 2011, at which point I chose to expand my expertise by moving to work privately, mainly with a group of independent schools. From 2015-2019 I worked both as an independent educational psychologist and as a local authority educational psychologist, before becoming a full time independent psychologist in September 2019. During my career I have undertaken a range of psychological work including:
- Individual assessment of children and young people
- Preparation and delivery of training for psychologists, school staff, pre-school settings and parents
- Consultation and solution focused sessions with parents and schools
- Preparation and delivery of skills development sessions for children and young people
- Research into sensory processing difficulties and behavioural issues
In addition, I have held roles as a specialist psychologist for the early years and as service lead for specific learning difficulties. I have sat on various multidisciplinary resourcing panels. I have enhanced clearance with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and am registered with the online DBS update service.
Before training as an Educational Psychologist I qualified as a primary school teacher and completed a diploma in Specific Learning Difficulties (dyslexia). I worked as a class teacher and learning support teacher, while undertaking a graduate diploma in psychology.
I am based near Dursley in Gloucestershire where I live with my husband, two children and two dogs.
- Doctorate in Educational Psychology
- MSc in Educational Psychology
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- Diploma in Specific Learning Difficulties
- MA (Hons) in Social Anthropology
- Registered as an Educational Psychologist (Health and Care Professions Council)
- Chartered Educational Psychologist (British Psychological Society)
- Division of Educational and Child Psychologists (British Psychological Society)
- Full membership of the Association of Educational Psychologists
- Association of Child Psychologists in Private Practice